One stray, random thought…that’s all it was.
But I couldn’t shake it.
“I hope there is a new primary color in heaven. There’s only three, right? How many new colors would there be if there was just one new primary color?”
Just random lunch conversation. We all laughed, but now the idea was there.
I thought about it all day. What would it be called? That new primary color. What would it look like? (My brain started to spin – how can you imagine something you’ve never seen or even heard of before?)
I tried to dismiss the idea…but…we’re talking about God here. Who says He doesn’t have some more unimaginable colors in heaven? God, the Creator, created the heavens and the earth and everything in and on them and then quit creating? Does an artist stop creating? Does an artist run out of ideas? Especially this Artist?
So just let your mind run crazy for a minute…
- A new primary color and all of the colors that can be created from it
- Musical notes we’ve never heard before, and all of the new melodies and harmonies that can be created from them
- New words – more beautiful and more eloquent than our ears have ever heard
- Foods we cannot name with flavors no food critic can identify or describe
- Land masses unlike our mountains and valleys, and more awe-inspiring than the most exquisite landscape we’ve ever seen
- Plants and animals that defy our attempts to classify them
- Dimensions completely beyond our comprehension
And would there be new innovations every day? Would God keep amazing us with His creations every day?
Hmmm, perhaps…and I have no evidence that such things will be.
But…is it only crazy and unbelievable when we try to limit God to what we can see and touch and feel and understand?
The longer I live, the more I see that God is bigger than I thought yesterday. He is more powerful than I thought He was last week. He is more loving than I thought He was last month. He is more merciful and forgiving than I thought He was last year. He is just more of everything than I thought He was when I first knew Him.
I’m not ready to say that God isn’t creating new artworks every day.
Instead, a little smile comes to my face as I think about that new primary color.
How many new colors would that make?